Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Marketing (Foundations) 100 Hours Certificate Course
Learn About Marketing
Learn the principles of Marketing Theory and Practice by Distance Learning online.
- Learn the fundamentals of Marketing basics
- Understand how to improve sales results
- Use this course to make yourself a valuable employee, add to your own business success, prepare for more advanced studies.
This course will help you to understand the marketing world and to sharpen your marketing skills.
All organisations need to market their product and or services. The foundation of all marketing INVOLVES...
- How to find customers
- Encouraging them to buy – why they need your products/services
- Satisfying Customer Needs (making customers want to return)
The fundamental principles emphasised throughout this course is based on profitability and efficiency!
Marketing (Foundations) course online.
Lesson Structure: Marketing (Foundations) VBS109
There are 10 lessons:
- Marketing and the Business
- What is marketing, and its significance
- Considering alternative approaches to business & marketing
- Alternative enterprises (eg. goods or services based sole proprietor or partnership etc).
- Scope of Marketing Understanding basic economics (eg. supply & demand)
- The difference between the potential market
- Available market
- Target market
- Penetrated market for a product/service of your choice
- Different advertising approaches
- Controlling Growth,
- Improving Results in Business, etc
- Target Marketing
- Understanding the market place
- Stages that sellers move through in their approach to a market
- What is targeting
- Advantages of target marketing as compared to mass marketing and product-differentiated marketing
- The Marketing Mix and Managing the Marketing Effort
- Product, price, place, and promotion
- Affects and interactions between marketing and other operations of a business.
- Product Presentation and Packaging
- Importance of product knowledge
- Core, tangible and augmented products
- Differences in packaging & presentation for different products.
- Promotion Communication skills
- Shop Floor Layout
- Displaying Products
- Understanding Selling and Increasing Sales
- Sales Methods
- Publicity Marketing,
- Structuring an Advertisement or Promotion
- Advertising budgets, etc
- Product Pricing and Distribution Pricing
- Profitability Ratios
- Increasing Turnover, etc
- Customer Service Methods of assessing customer satisfaction
- Significance of Customer Service
- Different types of customers in the market place and how best to approach each
- Difference between selling, publicising, marketing and advertising, etc
- Market Research
- The research process
- What to research
- Developing and conducting a market research program
- Where to find useful statistics,
- Structures and Roles Business law
- Financial Management
- Business Structures
- Business terminology, etc.
Learning Goals: Marketing (Foundations) VBS109
- Discuss the role of marketing in different enterprises.
- Describe the scope of marketing in different enterprises.
- Define the target market for a product or service.
- Determine and manage an appropriate mix of marketing activities for a small enterprise or marketing campaign.
- Evaluate the presentation (including packaging) of a product or service.
- Determine an effective approach to promoting a product or service.
- Compare options for distribution and determine an appropriate price for a product or service.
- Evaluate customer service.
- Conduct relevant market research.
- Consider the impact of internal and external organisations (including legal authorities) upon the marketing activities of an enterprise.
Practical (Set Tasks)
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice