Ask a question
Recreation Leadership course online. Starting out in the recreation industry? An excellent starting point for anyone wishing to work in the field of recreation - conducting recreation programs or one to one as a recreation or youth leader. This module will develop knowledge and understanding of leadership qualities of the fitness workers in the industry.
Lesson Structure: Recreation LeadershipRecreation Leadership VRE100
There are 7 lessons:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Naure, scope and purpose
- Leadership in Recreation
- Leadership Concepts
- Four Framewor Leadership Model
- Scope of Leadership
- Leisure Leadership
- Negligence -Legal Liability
- Providing Protection
- Understanding Legal Requirements and Controls
- Qualities of a Recreaqtion Leader
- Leadership Characteristics/Qualities
- Effective Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- How People become Leaders
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Life Cycle Leadership
- The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid
- Informal Leadership
- Inspirational Theories
- Path Goal Theory
- Instrumental Theories
- Maslows Theory of Motivation
- Poor Leadership
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dealing with Problem Situations
- Stubborn Clients
- Clients who do not Listen
- Assertion or Aggression
- Body Language
- Types of Non Verbal Communication
- Communication Skills
- Principles of Communication
- Leadership Communication
- Understanding Communication Barriers -culture, senses, perception, wellbeing, etc
- Gaining attention
- Public Speaking
- Telephone Skills
- Team Building
- Leading Effective Teams
- Team Benefits
- Ways to Start a Team
- The Elements of a Team,
- Problems and solving Team Problems
- Types of Team Members
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Shared Leadership
- Democratic Leadership
- Relationship Building with Clients
- Loyal Customers
- Discount Customers
- Needs Based Customers
- Impulse Customers
- Physical Factors
- Systematic and Lateral Thinking
- Think of the Right Approach
- Understanding Cognition
- Lateral Thinking
- Systematic Thinking
- Winin Negotiation
- Significance of leadership.
- Role and tasks of leadership.
- Integration of factual information with theoretical information to derive a sensible solution to a leadership problem in a sensible timeframe.
- Planning the development and building of the team to achieve these aims.
- Planning actions for sustaining and motivating the team to achieve the aims.
- Information on a plan of action to organize events
Learning Goals: Recreation Leadership VRE100
- Describe the nature and scope of Leadership.
- Determine the qualities which are required in a leader, in different leadership situations, including the workplace, recreation industries and developmental applications.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in support of effective leadership.
- Communication leadership messages effectively to those you lead.5. Team Building.
- Explain methods that may be used for effective team building by a leader.
- Select appropriate thought processes to follow in order to deal with different leadership problems.
- Lead teams through innovative and creative processes
- Interview 2 different types of leaders, selected from any two of the following types:
- Youth Leader
- Play Leader
- Fitness Leader
- President of a Social Club
- Sporting Team Captain or Coach
- President of some other type of club or organisation (eg. Garden Club, Elderly Citizens Club).
- Any other type of Recreation Leader
- Ask them the following questions, and keep a note of their answers:
- Do they consider themselves a leader?
- What skills do they consider necessary for leading people?
- Do they think that they are skilled in leadership? Why?
- Do they believe that leadership is an inherent quality or something that they have learned?
Observe two leaders, eg. fitness leaders, social leaders, scouts leaders etc.
Observe their performance and attempt to identify ways in which they apply the specific leadership skills which you have read about. Make a note of any techniques you note being used, which you feel could be useful to you in the future.
|Course Start||Anytime, Anywhere|
|Recognised Issuing Body||TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation.|
|Course Prerequisite||No, start at anytime|
|Course Qualification||Level 4 Certificate in Recreation Leadership|
|Exam Required?||Finalised with an exam/test|
|UK Course Credits||10 Credits|
|US Course Credit Hours||3 Credit Hours|
|Study Support||You'll be allocated your own personal tutor/mentor who will support and mentor you throughout your whole course. Our tutors/mentors have been specifically chosen for their business expertise, qualifications and must be active within their industry. Tutors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through our Moodle Student Support Zone online. Tutors are there to provide assistance with course material, discuss, explain and give advice and support throughout the whole programme. Their feedback is vital to your success.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Tree for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UK
"It exceeded my expectations. It was more comprehensive than I expected and the assignments really stimulated deep study of the subject. Thank you for your guidance. I am delighted with my certificate and will recommend this course and ADL to my friends and colleagues." G Flaherty, Ornithology BEN102, Ireland
"I want to thank you for the course - Hotel Management- I've just finished now. The course was comprehensive and well edited. For sure it can give a new worker in the hospitality industry the basic theoretical and practical knowledge required". Daniel K, Hotel Management, Romania
"Upon completing the Interior Plants Course I was offered my dream job. Taking this class was one of the best decisions I've made, the information I received was invaluable. Thank you ADL". Meg V, Interior Plants, Florida, USA.
“I am delighted to report that I passed the exam and received a “Pass with Commendation”. I appreciate very much the detail that you went into, in the correction of my assignments and I found your advice and extra subject information invaluable in advancing my interest and knowledge in horticulture”. Go raibh mile maith agat! (a thousand thanks!) Colin, RHS Cert II, Ireland
"Although my main interest in Earth Science is Geology I found this course excellent. The course notes were very interesting and useful throughout the course. Thank you to the ADL staff for their excellent service" Barry. Earth Science
"I received good feedback, and had an efficient turnaround of assignments, useful comments and grades to analyse." Andrew, Calf Rearing
"I enjoyed the course and developed a good understanding of learning and behaviour disorders. I feel this will be helpful in my role as a Clerk at a local primary school". The course met my expectations and I enjoyed the challenge of learning about conditions i knew little about. The presentation of the course and the opportunity to communicate with my tutor was valuable. I enjoyed the course so much , I am planning to do another! Jennifer C, Developmental Learning and Behavioural Disorders in Children and Adolescents, UK