Recreation Leadership 100 Hours Certificate Course
Ask a question
Recreation Leadership 100 Hours Certificate Course
Recreation Leadership course online. Starting out in the recreation industry? An excellent starting point for anyone wishing to work in the field of recreation - conducting recreation programs or one to one as a recreation or youth leader. This module will develop knowledge and understanding of leadership qualities of the fitness workers in the industry.
Lesson Structure: Recreation LeadershipRecreation Leadership VRE100
There are 7 lessons:
- Introduction to Leadership
- Naure, scope and purpose
- Leadership in Recreation
- Leadership Concepts
- Four Framewor Leadership Model
- Scope of Leadership
- Leisure Leadership
- Negligence -Legal Liability
- Providing Protection
- Understanding Legal Requirements and Controls
- Qualities of a Recreaqtion Leader
- Leadership Characteristics/Qualities
- Effective Leadership
- Leadership Styles
- How People become Leaders
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Life Cycle Leadership
- The Blake and Mouton Managerial Grid
- Informal Leadership
- Inspirational Theories
- Path Goal Theory
- Instrumental Theories
- Maslows Theory of Motivation
- Poor Leadership
- Interpersonal Relationships
- Interpersonal Skills
- Dealing with Problem Situations
- Stubborn Clients
- Clients who do not Listen
- Assertion or Aggression
- Body Language
- Types of Non Verbal Communication
- Communication Skills
- Principles of Communication
- Leadership Communication
- Understanding Communication Barriers -culture, senses, perception, wellbeing, etc
- Gaining attention
- Public Speaking
- Telephone Skills
- Team Building
- Leading Effective Teams
- Team Benefits
- Ways to Start a Team
- The Elements of a Team,
- Problems and solving Team Problems
- Types of Team Members
- Leadership Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Shared Leadership
- Democratic Leadership
- Relationship Building with Clients
- Loyal Customers
- Discount Customers
- Needs Based Customers
- Impulse Customers
- Physical Factors
- Systematic and Lateral Thinking
- Think of the Right Approach
- Understanding Cognition
- Lateral Thinking
- Systematic Thinking
- Winin Negotiation
- Significance of leadership.
- Role and tasks of leadership.
- Integration of factual information with theoretical information to derive a sensible solution to a leadership problem in a sensible timeframe.
- Planning the development and building of the team to achieve these aims.
- Planning actions for sustaining and motivating the team to achieve the aims.
- Information on a plan of action to organize events
Learning Goals: Recreation Leadership VRE100
- Describe the nature and scope of Leadership.
- Determine the qualities which are required in a leader, in different leadership situations, including the workplace, recreation industries and developmental applications.
- Manage interpersonal relationships in support of effective leadership.
- Communication leadership messages effectively to those you lead.5. Team Building.
- Explain methods that may be used for effective team building by a leader.
- Select appropriate thought processes to follow in order to deal with different leadership problems.
- Lead teams through innovative and creative processes
- Interview 2 different types of leaders, selected from any two of the following types:
- Youth Leader
- Play Leader
- Fitness Leader
- President of a Social Club
- Sporting Team Captain or Coach
- President of some other type of club or organisation (eg. Garden Club, Elderly Citizens Club).
- Any other type of Recreation Leader
- Ask them the following questions, and keep a note of their answers:
- Do they consider themselves a leader?
- What skills do they consider necessary for leading people?
- Do they think that they are skilled in leadership? Why?
- Do they believe that leadership is an inherent quality or something that they have learned?
Observe two leaders, eg. fitness leaders, social leaders, scouts leaders etc.
Observe their performance and attempt to identify ways in which they apply the specific leadership skills which you have read about. Make a note of any techniques you note being used, which you feel could be useful to you in the future.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....