Hi , I am inquiring about after getting this certificate, can I work directly in Alberta, Canada. Or they will request more papers to approve this course. Thanks Kareem
Thank you for getting in touch. The answer to your question depends on whether you need qualifications to practice as a Weight Loss Consultant in Canada. You don't need them in the UK and there are many unqualified practioners. By completing this course, you will be qualified and that should give you an advantage over those in Alberta, that aren't.
Ask a question
Weight Loss Consultant 100 Hours Certificate Course
Weight Loss Consultant course online. Distance Education Course for Weight Loss Consulting The prevalence of obesity is increasing in all age groups and virtually all populations worldwide. With this rise in obesity rates has come a wide range of opportunities to develop weight loss services to help clients to lose weight and increase their fitness levels. Throughout this course we shall examine how to set up effective weight loss services and provide you with the knowledge and skills to support these services.
"Iona Lister was my tutor and gave me excellent, helpful and thoughtful feedback- because of this I really enjoyed the course and would do another with ADL in the future." John, Weight Loss Consultant, UK.
Lesson Structure: Weight Loss Consultant BRE307
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss
- Obesity DefinedGenetics
- Life Events
- Middle Age
- Stopping Smoking
- Weight gain linked to Medication
- Weight gain following Injury or Illness
- Scope and Nature of Weight Loss Industry
- Health Programs
- Meal Replacement Products
- Surgery for Weight Loss
- Managing Physical Activity
- Role of Physical Activity in Energy Balance
- Role of Physical Activity Raising Metabolic Rate
- Bone Mass Maintenance
- Physical Activity and Mental Health
- Specific Aspects of Exercise When Overweight
- Tips to get started with Exercise
- Types of Exercise and Effectiveness for Weight Loss
- Cardiovascular Activity
- Optimum Target Heart Rate for Fat Burning
- Resistance Activities
- Exercise Progression
- Recommending Exercise
- Managing the Diet
- Teaching Portion Control
- Beginning to Address Portion Control
- Energy Density
- Fats and Energy Density
- Sources of Fats
- Tips to Reduce Fat
- Practical Tips Based on Daily Meal Plan
- Sugar and Weight Reducing
- General Weight Loss Tips
- Using Food Diaries
- Nutrition Resources and Lesson Planning
- Managing the Psychology
- Eating and Emotions
- The Brain and Weight Management
- Managing the Psychology
- Helping People to Make Changes
- Stages of Change Explained -Pre contemplation, Contemplation, Preparation, Action, Maintenance, Relapse
- Tools for the Consultant
- Determining Weight Status of Clients
- Administering Weight Checks
- Calculating BMI
- Interpreting BMI
- Setting Targets
- Determining Waiste Measurement
- Health Evaluation
- Nutritional Advice
- Running Supermarket Tours
- Food Labels
- Delivering Weight Loss Services
- Individual Consultations
- Features of an Ideal One to One Consultation
- Good Questioning Skills
- Running Group Sessions
- Running Independant Weight Management Group Sessions
- Joining an Established Weight Management Business
- Potential Barriers to Weight Loss
- Social Issues and Pressure
- Time Constraints
- Physical Limitations
- Psychological Limitations
- Hormonal Issues
- Conducting a Weight Loss Consultation
- The Next Step
- Target Marketing
- PBL Project: A major project where you:
- Explain the basics of obesity, explain fully the causes, symptoms, and associated health risks.
- Identify a target market that will benefit from your services.
- Develop a marketing strategy to attract clients from your target market
- Identify the nutritional, physical exercise, and psychological contributions to obesity.
- Identify and convey the importance of addressing all of the above elements in a successful weight loss programme.
- Present clear, concise and readily understandable guidelines that address appropriate interventions for the clients to take home and follow
- Develop appropriate assessment tools and strategies to identify and monitor your clients needs.
- Discuss the challenges for your client to adhere to the programme, and outline strategies to support them.
- Compare and contrast the dietary, exercise and psychological strategies you have decided to use, with other weight loss strategies you have decided not to use (e.g. surgery, meal replacement drinks, medication)
- Represent complex health information in a clear, simple format, readily understandable by the individual assuming they have little or no nutritional background
- Establishing a Weight Loss Business
- Starting a New Business
- Personality and Lifestyle
- Industry Knowledge and Experience
- Starting a Business versus Buying a Franchise
- Business Plans
- The Planning Process
- The Marketing PlanPromotion, Advertising, Networking
- Summary of a Successful Business
Learning Goals: Weight Loss Consultant BRE307
- Explain factors that affect weight in a body.
- Determine the scope and nature of the weight loss industry in your region.
- Explain the role of physical activity in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain the role of dietary change in weight loss and provide practical advice and resources for you to use as a weight loss consultant.
- Explain a variety of ways that psychology can be applied to the control of weight.
- Determine weight status of clients
- Select and implement and manage the use of different techniques to control weight in clients
- Identify a viable weight loss service, and those things that must be done to optimize the chance of ongoing success.
- Adapt dietary resources based on needs of an individual or a particular group.
- Planning to start a weight management group
- Develop a weight management service as a business
Note that each module in this Certificate is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately.
|How Do Our Tuition Fees Compare?||Full time classroom based Further Education Courses - Approx. £5,000 per year - Part-time classroom based Adult Education Courses - Approx. £7.00 per hour - N.B. classroom tuition means you learn at the pace of the class. One-to-one private tuition - from £15.00 per hour - ADL one-to-one tution fees - From £340 per 100 Hour Course = Average of £3.40 per hour - N.B. one-to-one tuition is tailored to your own individual learning availability and pace.|
|Course Start||Begin your learning at any time.|
|Course Prerequisite||None - Our course levels are an indication of the depth of learning you should receive. They do not describe the level of difficulty.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option A)||Endorsed Qualification from TQUK - Training Qualifications UK, an Ofqual Approved Awarding Organisation - Completed written assignments and final evaluation per course/module to be taken.|
|Course Qualification (Study Option B)||Certificate of Attainment from ADL - Completed written assignments only - no final evaluation.|
|Comparative Credits Information||UK Course Credits: 10 - U.S. Credit Hours: 3 - when compared to regulated courses.|
|Course Duration and Deadlines||Course hours given are a guide only. You will be encouraged to work at your own pace to learn as much as you can, with no assignment deadlines or end date by which you must complete your course by. You are in control!|
|Study Support||Personal tutor/mentor support from industry relevant professionals throughout your whole course. Mentors are contactable by e-mail, telephone and through the Moodle online classroom. They provide assistance with your course material, plus discuss, explain and give advice when needed. They will also mark and grade your assignments, plus provide constructive and helpful feedback vital to your success.|
|Suitability for Self Employment and Small Businesses||Our courses are ideal for sole traders and small business owners and their staff. Customer confidence in what you can do will determine how successful you are in getting clients. Doing the job right using the correct knowledge and skills, leads to repeat business and referrals to friends, family and work colleagues. Completing one or more of our courses for the service you have to offer, will give you the tools to achieve this and grow your business.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Employers||We aim to achieve the correct balance between your qualification being recognised and providing you with the in-depth learning, to empower you to succeed. If you can demonstrate that you have the level of knowledge and transferable skills necessary to an employer, you should stand out from someone who has only received a superficial understanding of what's required - Select study option A when enrolling, so an employer can check the status of the awarding organisation for your qualification on the Ofqual Register.|
|Recognition of Your Course By Universities||As you will see on our Testimonials page, previous students have used their qualification from us to get into university. However each one will have its own entrance criteria and acceptance may also depend on your other qualifications and experience. We can approach up to three universities on your behalf with details of our course before you enrol, so you will know whether it will be accepted as part of their application process. Please complete our contact form and we will begin the process.|
|Designing Your Own Qualification||Bundle up your choice of related courses to form your own qualification. Our Advanced Certificates (4 courses), Diplomas (6 courses), Advanced Diplomas (8 courses) and Higher Advanced Diplomas (12 courses), are used to differentiate between the in-depth knowledge and skills you will acquire in your chosen area of study. e.g. Advanced Certificate in Turf Care Management, which includes individual courses: Turf Care, Sports Turf Care, Turf Repair and Renovation and Turf Grasses.|
|How Can I Enrol?||Online by selecting your study option, learning materials, plus payment option and then clicking the Enrol Now button - By contacting us for an application form - By telephoning us on 01227 789 649 (International: 0044 1227 789 649). Lines open 9am till 5pm Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays and between Christmas and New Year.|
|How Can I Get a Pro-forma Invoice for my Employer?||Contact us with details and we will email your employer an invoice. We will need: employer's name, address, telephone number, email address and contact name. We will also require your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth and the course and code you wish to enrol for.|
Weight Loss Consultant 100 Hours Certificate Course
"Fantastic Teacher. Well organised modules. Assignments force me to learn and research more so I can prepare well for exams. I really enjoyed studying via ADL. I can now continue study at Ulster University which accept my certificate from ADL". Level 4, Advanced Certificate in Applied Science, VSC001, Stanislawa, Poland.
Its with great pleasure I am announcing you my new job as 'Park Manager' for a 5 star hotel in Reunion Island. Its definitely my courses with ADL (Botany, Agronomy and Trees for Rehabilitation) which were decisive for my nomination. Accordingly, my sincere thanks goes to all the ADL team.
"The course was a valuable learning experience as it provided me with the knowledge and understanding for me as a Careers Advisor. The feedback was very good from my tutor, and allowed me to build upon my assignments that were marked. The comments were very informative and very useful. Well written course material." Andrew W, Careers Counselling, UKMore Reviews....