Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Personnel Management 400 Hours Advanced Certificate Course
Lesson Structure: Advanced Certificate In Personnel Management VBS003
Advanced Certificate in Personnel Management course online. Choose any 4 modules from the selection below. To gain the qualification you must successfully complete all assignments and pass an examination in each of your 4 selected modules.
To view detailed information please click on the modules below.
- Motivation VBS111
- Supervision VBS104
- Industrial Psychology BPS103
- Conflict Management BPS201
- Personnel Management VBS107
Note: that each module in this Advanced Certificate is a certificate in its own right, and may be studied separately
- Explain how perception, learning and prior experience influence human behaviour
- Identify and practice communication skills that will improve your ability to effectively receive and transmit messages in the workplace
- Explain factors that contribute to overall workplace conditions and can affect workplace culture
- Explain basic supervising practices for controlling business or department operations
- Identify essential processes in the recruitment and induction of employees
- Describe the key elements of planning and conducting effective staff training
- Describe how team processes can be used to improve performance and productivity
- Identify methods to establish and maintain discipline through positive means, such as reinforcement and increasing motivation
- Describe strategies for reducing dissatisfaction and handling dissatisfaction when it arises
- Explain the importance of monitoring workplace processes and performance, and how to report your observations
Practical (Set Tasks)
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice