Call us: +44 (0)1227 789 649 - Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Wedding Planning and Event Management
Wedding Planning and Event Management 600 Hours Diploma
Learn About Wedding Planning and Event Management
Diploma in Wedding Planning and Event Management course online. Learn to develop the skills needed to set up your own business working as a wedding planner and event manager with this comprehensive course..
Many people in this area will eventually focus on one particular area, such as wedding planning. But initially, when starting your own business, you may find that there are not sufficient clients to specialise. The appeal of this course is that It doesn’t force you to make that choice straight away.
- You can work in event management and wedding planning, as you will have the skills for both.
- You have a wider potential market of clients as you can work in both areas.
- If you have decided which area you want to focus in, this gives the opportunity to work in both at first.
- OR if you don’t want to specialise, then you can continue working in wedding planning and event management.
Imagine, large events and weddings can be time consuming, but if you are planning a large wedding, you might still have time to organise smaller events at the same time, increasing your business AND your cash flow.
Lesson Structure: Diploma in Wedding Planning and Event Management VTR014
If you work for someone else, this can be a great addition to your CV. If you work in the hospitality industry, then being able to plan weddings and events for your hotel or restaurant etc puts another string in your bow!
Core Modules These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Diploma in Wedding Planning and Event Management.
Elective Modules In addition to the core modules, students study any 3 of the following 9 modules.
- Food & Beverage Management BTR102
- Introduction To Photography BPH100
- Introduction To Psychology BPS101
- Advertising and Promotions BBS202
- Conflict Management BPS201
- Entrepreneurship BBS204
- Project Management BBS201
- Business Planning BBS302
Note: each module in the Certificate in Wedding Planning and Event Management is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Please see lesson titles for your learning goals.
Practical (Set Tasks)
Assessment is based on a combination of completing all assignments and sitting for a final short one and a half hour exam, in your own location.
If you don’t cope well with exams then you may elect to undertake a project instead. This is a popular option.
In addition, most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson placed before the assignment. This is an opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge and skills and practical experience. This ADL feature is an added bonus not found at most online schools. Set Tasks are not required for assessment.
Some courses also have optional Self-Tests which are available on our online learning platform. These are not available by correspondence or by USB, and do not form part of your overall grade.
How our courses work
- Choose Your Learning Method
You choose how you would like to receive your course material, i.e., Online, USB or Correspondence. The choice is yours. You may also work on online or offline.
- Tutor Allocation
Every student is assigned their own dedicated tutor who is an expert in their subject area. They provide as much or as little individual contact as you require. You can contact your tutor whenever you need – your hours are not limited.
- Feedback and Assignments
Tutor Feedback is an essential component in helping you understand the subject matter. Tutor feedback is given in the form of notes written on the assignment. We encourage you to contact your Tutor where help with clarification and understanding of course material may be required.
Your assignments are located at the end of each lesson. You submit them for marking whenever you are ready. There is no time limit.
- Set Tasks and Self-Tests
Most modules have a Set Task at the end of each lesson before for the assignment. This is where you get the opportunity to undertake practical work to help you acquire knowledge, skills and practical experience. Many modules also have short Self-Tests.
Once all assignments have been completed you may then elect to sit for a one and half hour exam in your own location. If you prefer not to take the exam you do have the option to undertake a project instead.
Once the exam or project part of the course is completed, your Certificate is then processed. Please allow approximately 4 weeks for this.
- Design Your Own Qualification
ADL offers students the flexibility to self-design their own qualification – bundling together a combination of 100-hour modules into a qualification higher than a certificate.
What your tuition fees include
- All Course Material via Online, USB or Correspondence
- Assignments Marked
- Professional Tutor Feedback
- Set Tasks - Practical Exercises to help you develop skills
- Self-Tests – multiple choice questions at the end of lessons in most modules
- Unlimited Personal Tutor Support – via our student classroom
- Committed and Friendly Admin Support – vital to your success
- ADL Ebook where relevant
- All ADL Exam or Project fees (exception RHS exams)
- Qualification Certificate
- Official Transcript with assignment grades
- Student Manual
- Academic Writing course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Critical Thinking course (optional - 10 hours only)
- Job Seekers Careers Guide
- Study Tips on How To Study Better
- Career Counselling by ADL Staff
- CV Writing Help, Tips and Advice